I always have been exploring teaching methods which will make students industry ready. This includes internships, work integrated learning, design thinking, and integrating industry demanded ways of working as e.g. agile into my classes.
- Collaborators: SMEs, innovation hubs, international partners, among many others…
- Key Outcomes: 2 Curtin University TASS grants (Curtin Co-Create (C3) and start-up grant)
- Lugmayr, B. Stockleben, Y. Zou, S. Anzenhofer, and M. Jalonen, “Applying Design Thinking in the context of media management education,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, vol. 71, 2014, pp. 119–157 Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11042-013-1361-8.
- Lugmayr. Applying “Design Thinking” as method for teaching in media education. In A. Lugmayr, H. Franssila, C. Safran, and I. Hammouda, editors, Proceedings of the 15th International Academic MindTrek Confernece: Envisioning Future Media Environments, pages 332–334, Tampere, Finland, 2011
- Lugmayr, M. Jalonen, Y. Zou, L. Libin, and S. Anzenhofer. “Design Thinking” in media management education – a practical hands-on approach. In A. Lugmayr, T. Risse, B. Stockleben, J. Kaario, B. Pogorelc, and E. S. Asensio, editors, 4th Semantic Ambient Media Experience (SAME) Workshop in Conjunction with the 5th International Convergence on Communities and Technologies, Brisbane, Australia, June 2011